Organize Your Home

House Keeping Calendar

Friday, March 18, 2011

Paper Clutter

Simple Mom's Project Simplify is covering paper clutter this week. As paper enters my own, it is dealt with. That means, tossed, shredded, paid, read, posted or displayed. So, the paper task is not as daunting for me. So, I am reposting the yearly-purge I do every year:

Don't forget, now is a perfect time to do your year-end filing. I did mine this weekend and I am all ready to start chomping away at this year's bills:-)


Here is what I do:

  • I empty all my files into one big folder and label it with the year that just past.
  • This folder gets placed in an archive box with the last 6 years of documents.
  • Then, I remove the oldest file in that box and shred it.

Now, I have all the documents that I need to retain for the IRS-required amount of time and a filing system that works:-)

This was not so Wordless Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Mom today but more Wordful Wednesday on parenting By dummies:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger